Software Engineer (Rails)
Dekeo, a new venture spun out of a category leading ecommerce company, is creating a global online marketplace for custom apparel. We're in growth mode disrupting highly fragmented and manual-oriented industry with a real solution, so there's a huge number of challenges to solve, exciting ideas to pursue, and value to build. In pursuit of this fully-funded venture, we're building a high-caliber team to ensure a dominant position in the new market and redefine apparel customization.
Are you passionate about creating a cutting end ecommerce marketplace? Bring that passion and your skillful way of solving users’ needs. We're looking for an experienced full-stack engineer equally comfortable working on greenfield features and refactoring legacy code. If you enjoy seeing real customers quickly benefiting your work, then this is the role for you. This position is full time and based at our Melbourne office.
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Contribute to the architecture of a highly scalable and reliable system
- Improve and tune the infrastructure to ensure no one gets midnight wake ups
- Working within a cross functional team on features both large and complex
- Taking a parental interest in the health of the system and ensuring that it runs smoothly 24x7
- 3+ years of experience building web applications
- Experience in dynamic environments
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with custom search systems using Solr or ElasticSearch
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
Come join a fast-growing and self-funded company in a flexible working space!