Dekeo, a new venture spun out of a category leading ecommerce company, is creating a global online marketplace for custom apparel. We're in growth mode disrupting highly fragmented and manual-oriented industry with a real solution, so there's a huge number of challenges to solve, exciting ideas to pursue, and value to build. In pursuit of this fully-funded venture, we're building a high-caliber team to ensure a dominant position in the new market and redefine apparel customization.
As a key member of our delivery team, you will own the customer experience from start to finish and play a vital role in helping us reinvent the customization industry. We are looking for a product designer who is relentless—not just about beautiful design, but about creating a frictionless user experience as well. The right candidate will have a genuine passion for ecommerce and should demonstrate savvy with HTML/CSS. This position is full time and based at our Melbourne office.
- Define and prototype proposed designs and interactions
- Plan and implement research, design, and customer validation strategies.
- Design flows and experiences that are simple and elegant
- Synthesize insights that lead to delightful experiences through human-centered research and design techniques.
- Ensure we are constantly pushing for more effective solutions and are keeping the user at the center of our experiences.
- Validate solutions by testing prototypes with customers and conducting small-scale live experiments.
You're a good fit if:
- You have the ability to uncover deep customer insights to ensure that the user experience is simple, seamless, sticky, and always enjoyable, using informed human-centered design practices.
- You obsess over typography, color, iconography, balance, and white space.
- You have the uncanny ability to tame complex problems by creating interactions that are elegant in their simplicity.
- You effectively lead design-thinking sessions with product team members, stakeholders and customers to surface good ideas.
- 3+ years of experience designing and building web-based products
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Must have URL portfolio with examples of relevant design work
- Proven ability to create and iterate lightweight functional prototypes
- Bachelor degree in design or a related field
Come join a fast-growing and self-funded company in a flexible working space!