Software Engineer - Team Lead
Dekeo, a new venture spun out of a category leading ecommerce company, is creating a global online marketplace for custom apparel. We're in growth mode disrupting highly fragmented and manual-oriented industry with a real solution, so there's a huge number of challenges to solve, exciting ideas to pursue, and value to build. In pursuit of this fully-funded venture, we're building a high-caliber team to ensure a dominant position in the new market and redefine apparel customization.
Are you passionate about building a cutting edge ecommerce marketplace? Are you a hands on leader that can drive a large scale project from inception to a production release?
The ideal candidate learns quickly, works efficiently in fast paced ambiguous environments, is team driven, solves complex problems permanently, and has an affinity for data and a bias for action.
Leading a development team is no easy task. A successful Software Engineering Manager establishes a technical vision with their team and works with individuals to turn it into reality. They also take on other hats along the way, such as Team Lead, Architect or Mentor but they remain somewhat hands-on with code. This position is full time and based at our Melbourne office.
- Lead the execution of the development pipeline and delivery of Dekeo’s software products to Production
- Ensure that best practices for coding, architecture, and security are employed across all teams consistently, and maintain responsibility for the quality development of internal and external applications
- Designs and develops technical solutions for existing architecture or enhancements to new and future software product releases
- Develop and drive strong cross-functional communications between the software engineering, product management, and leadership teams
- Consistently deliver a cost-effective system that leads the industry in quality, performance, and functionality
- Work with external third parties to assure successful product introductions, from validation of new products to integrating field processes
- Develop and communicate a documented engineering roadmap, goals, and objectives with timelines.
- Prioritise work items rapidly and effectively
- Build a high performing engineering team with emphasis on mentoring and developing individual contributors
- 3+ years of team management experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Expertise in writing large scale web applications including architectural decisions, language choices, frameworks and implementation
- Ability to effectively engage, influence, and lead stakeholders
- Proven ability to run high performing engineering teams delivering effective outcomes
- 5+ years of experience building web applications with Ruby on Rails or similar web frameworks
- Experience working with custom search systems using Solr or ElasticSearch
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
Come join a fast-growing and self-funded company in a flexible working space!